The main objectives of this section are to:
- Introduce a variety of both formal an informal tests that may form part of a visual assessment.
- Describe a functional vision assessment for children and young people.
- Define the terms used to describe visual acuity.
- Provide information about the difficulties encountered by children and young people with visual impairments and their implications for learning.
- Show how to use strategies to improve the access of children and young people to the curriculum and written information.
- Show how to assess the environment and its implications for learning.